Positive Living for Us Students (PLUS)
- Promoting positive living and increase access and uptake of HIV support services among students.
- Creating a network of positive living students who become ambassadors of positive living.
- Encouraging meaningful involvement of HIV positive youths.
- Components of this project have been supported by YET and Oxfam Australia.
- Area of implementation: 7 Agricultural Colleges, 2 Universities, 1 Teacher Training College.
SAYWHAT has replicated the model which was initially supported by YET in its partnership with Oxfam in four other tertiary institutions under the HIV and AIDS support program (HASP). The HASP used the lessons learnt from the initial PL project by establishing youth friendly corners and a sustainable livelihood project that will be the centres for PL IEC materials and financing respectively. With proper coordination, support and the greater involvement of students living with HIV both the PL project and HASP have the necessary requisites to feed into MDG6 that seeks to combat and reverse the trends of the HIV epidemic.